Hello Immortality -> old friends

hello immortality
welcome
It has been four years since the Reveal--the cataclysmic event in history where, for the first time since the dark ages, existence of supernatural beings was revealed to the general population. It first occurred in America and soon spread throughout the entire globe.

Each country has reacted to the revelation with varying severity. In the United States, riots occurred. Mass lynching. Panic. Chaos. It was a lot like the Salem witch trials... multiplied by 100.

The government stepped in, wrested control via military law. Segregation between humans and supernatural is now a normal everyday expectation. The supernaturals are barcoded and registered for not only the safety of the humans but also for their own.

However, there are supernaturals and humans alike who do not like the status quo and are working to return things to a more equitable basis. They are the Insurgency, and they work in secret.

Many humans like the fact they are on top. Some supernaturals want to regain their superiority. What will you want?

Welcome to Hello Immortality!

We are a relaxed intermediate to advanced small town supernatural role-play based in a fictitious coastal North Carolina town by the name of Destiny in RL present year.

staff
Jez
Time
Moustache
stats

FAE - 01
HUMANS - 00
HUNTERS - 03
OCCULT - 04
PSYCHICS - 01
SHIFTERS - 00
SIRENS - 01
VAMPIRES - 01
WEREWOLVES - 01
FEMALES - 05
MALES - 07
credits
The concept for Hello Immortality was created by Jez. Fellow staff and members have contributed immensely, and all their ideas are original and courtesy of them.

The characters and writings on this site belong to their respective owners/authors unless otherwise stated.

Oodles of thanks to Zane and Vel for all of their help. They are coding beasts. Without them, this new skin never would have been possible.

All templates, coding, and graphics in use around the site belong to their respective creators unless otherwise stated.

Miniprofile by Tana @ Cosmo, Shine, and ATF

Affiliate Table help from Will Graham @ RPG-Directory

Skin by Luna.

Pop out cbox code was created by kismet of rpg directory.

No copyright infringement intended.

Add Reply
New Poll

old friends, tag: vic/jez
McJagger
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
30 years
Widow
real monsters are born of love. they crawled from the womb of something warm, something soft, something bright -- with hearts vulnerable, naked, helpless and hopeful. the monster loved. that's how it became monstrous.
PLAYED BY Syn
Hunters

Posted on: Aug 25 2017, 06:14 PM
time doesn't erase the
demons you don't see
He had to admit. There was something charming about the home. It almost felt, well...homey. If one didn't count for the various traps littered about the house. If Jaeger would be honest, he would have never gotten past all of the traps, if it wasn't for the 'nerd' in his ear. Another HOWI hunter that he'd recruited to help him get back at Victoria for sneaking into his own home, well apartment, that one time in the United Kingdom. "If you're wrong about this, and I get blown up, I'm coming back to haunt your ass." He growled, pulling on the wires of the fuze box. The woman chuckled in his ear, "Whatever you say, hot stuff." He rolled his eyes and continued fooling with the wiring until he found the one he was looking for. "Okay, red wire, found it." If Gwen was to be trusted, this one would only turn off the section of wiring the alarms were on. Instead of making it difficult and finding the end to disconnect it, he did what 'any man would do' and sliced the wire in half. "Alright, you should be good, there is no signal in that area of the house now." Jaeger hummed as he put the cover back on the fuse box, moving around the house with his flashlight in hand.

Sarge sat on the porch, clearly keeping a look out for the huntress in case she showed up a little earlier than Jaeger anticipated. He hadn't even been in town for a day before he decided to pay his friend a visit. He moved up the steps, disabling any and all traps he found, letting Sarge lead the way for the traps he would be able to smell with his nose. Once reaching the front door, he used the old way to pick the lock, letting it slide open slowly and checking for the various traps. The place was nice, his eyes taking in the sitting room. To his right sat the kitchen and dining room and then the den and bathroom to his left. Booted feet crept into the house, slowly moving until he was sure he was clear of any traps. It was only when he reached the kitchen that he relaxed, setting the flashlight down and opening the fridge. Of course she'd have that nasty brand of beer. Typical Vic.

Cracking his knuckles, Jaeger set to work, walking back out to his truck and grabbing the various bags he'd procured earlier in the day and dragging them all to the kitchen. It was painful how much Vic lacked in her kitchen and it was clear she didn't cook much. He hoped she'd appreciate the meal. On the menu today? Steak, potatoes with gravy, green beans and rolls. He hated to do it, but he knew how Vic liked her steak and he made her's last, placing it in the warm oven when it was done, and then he placed it on a plate when the rest of the food was done, filling the plate with the beans, potatoes and covering the potates with gravy and a roll on the side, a beer pulled out with the cap off. Maybe it was a little extra, but Vic had been through a lot and she deserved a little something. And he hadn't seen her in a while and he wasn't sure where he stood with her at this moment in time. Better safe than sorry, right?
can't keep me here in the dark I'll set you off like a spark into oblivion
PM
^
Vic
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
27 years
Single
"If you're a monster, I'm your worst nightmare. If you're not, hell, I'm probably still your worst nightmare. I work for a private contractor company called Hell On Wheels International (HOWI) which is one of the leading private hunter businesses. I get the job done, and I get paid for it. It's legal... mostly, but we don't tell the government when it's not. Now, buy me a drink."
PLAYED BY Jez
Life is too short and unpredictable to let it be boring.
Hunters

Posted on: Aug 25 2017, 06:58 PM
OUTFIT
notes: notes go here
Shin met punching bag as she gave the solid thing a final resounding roundhouse kick. Evening out her heavy breathing, Victoria Queens removed the gloves from her hands before wiping the sweat from her brow. Gulping down the second half of the liquid chilling in her water bottle, the huntress waved simply at Frank, the owner of the gym, before grabbing her miniature duffel. She shoved the gloves and empty water bottle into the zipper pocket, tightened her ponytail that had loosened through the rigorous pummeling of the punching bag, and then made a beeline for the gym's exit and her waiting Humvee. The vehicle was a little conspicuous, but she wouldn't change it for the world. It had seen her alive through sticky situations before, and that kind of loyalty had to be awarded.

Yawning, Vic maneuvered the car down the streets towards out of town. She'd had to get a bloody permit to live outside the city's limits, but being a hunter and working for HOWI had its perks, especially nowadays. Then again, it also had plenty of dangers if her profession was to become more common knowledge. Before, it seemed simpler as both predator and prey kept their dance in the shadows. After the Reveal, it made hunting both easier and harder. Surprisingly, Vic missed the good old days, wishing the Reveal had never happened. People were colossal idiots, after all, and she hated dealing with idiots.

She considered stopping to get fast food or get a beer but decided she was too lazy. She had beer at home--if she remembered correctly--and if it hadn't gone bad, some leftover Chinese. Her phone rang, the ringtone informing her it was Q. She realized she had two missed calls from him already. She considered not answering the nerd again, but pressed the send button. "Q, what do yo--"

"Somebody just cut off the power to your security system, Vic. Not sure who, but they knew what they were doing. 'Cept deactivating the failsafe alert. It came straight to me. I tried calling you. Were you screening m--"

"How long ago?" Vic asked, killer professional mask set in stone.

"Nearly 40 minutes. I thought about sending someone out to your place but--"

"You saw where I was and remembered I told you never to send someone out to my place over stupid stuff," she finished, the renewed threat lurking in her tone.

"What are you going to do?" Q asked, worried.

"It'll be fine. I'll take care of it."

"Do you want me t--"

"I said I'll take care of it."

"But, Vic!"

The huntress hung up, putting the pedal to the medal... a smile touching the corners of her mouth. She'd been needing a fight. She hated being stagnant for too long, and it had been almost a month since her last assignment. The boredom and monotony of everyday life was killing her. Finally. Some excitement.

She arrived looking for a fight, but when she saw a painfully familiar truck sitting in her driveway, the fight drained out of her replaced with furrowed brows and confusion. McJagger? That was his truck. She would remember it anywhere. He'd forced her to traipse around in the relic plenty when he'd been helping her track down Stan. It could be a trap. She couldn't think of a reason why Jaeger would be in the states, let alone in her driveway. Honestly, she was oblivious to the possibility that the reason could be slightly because of her.

Gun in hand, she approached her home carefully, senses on high alert, prepared for a trap. At the door, she inhaled deeply. Was that... steak? She flung the door open. "McJagger, what the hell is that fossil doing blocking my driveway?" The gun remained in hand and she was still prepared for a fight, but she couldn't imagine the enemy cooking for her if they intended to murder her. Then again, there were some real sickos out there.

The huntress found the big man in her kitchen, and all she could do was just stare at him. Heaven help her, but she'd missed that annoying smirk on his face. A loner in a lot of ways, Vic wasn't truly wired as a hermit, and her friendship with Jaeger had deepened over their time together, and he'd been there to help her take out her anger when she'd found Stan dead. He hadn't told her there were other ways to deal with her anger. He'd simply supported her. Then she'd said goodbye, telling him he could look her up if he ever returned to the states, but never thinking he would... because she'd been running away from the bond they'd forged working together. It wasn't that she didn't have those. She did. However, they still scared the hell out of her.

PM
^
McJagger
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
30 years
Widow
real monsters are born of love. they crawled from the womb of something warm, something soft, something bright -- with hearts vulnerable, naked, helpless and hopeful. the monster loved. that's how it became monstrous.
PLAYED BY Syn
Hunters

Posted on: Aug 28 2017, 12:13 PM
time doesn't erase the
demons you don't see
A low rumble sounded from the Malinois on the floor and Jaeger glanced at him and then in the direction the canine was looking. Jaeger figured he'd heard Vic pull up outside and it set the ex-marine on edge. Vic was a hot-headed gal, she loved the fight, lived for it really and half of him wondered if she'd come in guns blazing despite the obvious clue he'd placed in her driveway. Getting that behemoth of a truck to the states was hell and he'd be hard pressed to give it up either way. The hunter moved from the counter, his own plate and beer in each hand and set it at the other end of the table. It was like the calm before the storm, as he sat down in the chair, using his own precaution and placing the 1911 Colt on the table, the gun itself was made from steel but the outside was cased in silver, just in case any creatures decided they wanted to grab his weapons. It wasn't a threat, the gun laying on the table, more so something he did out of habit. He trusted Vic and if she did shoot him, he was sure he deserved it.

The door swung open violently and Sarge was on his feet, ready to defend his partner. A sharp command and the canine was on his belly again, tail wagging in excitement. Whether it was for a fight or for the fact he recognized the scent of the woman that had walked through the door, her own gun at her side and looking slightly irritated. It brought is trademark smirk to his face. He was clean shaven, dark wash blue jeans on his legs, steel-toed boots and a dark t-shirt with a jacket thrown over the top. "I'd appreciate if you didn't insult my pride and joy." He truly did love his truck, though he knew he should never get attached to an object. That truck carried him through so much shit, it held a special place in his heart and he would never be able to replace it. Even for Vic's sake.

There was a string of silence as he looked her over. She looked healthy. She was standing and she was alive and that settled the slight worry in his chest. Vic was special to him and while they didn't communicate as much as friends might, he still cared and worried about her. "Are you going to shoot me, or is this some new kink of yours?" He drawled out, the Southern accent much thicker than he'd last seen her. When he'd returned to the states, he'd bounced around a bit, and he'd even gone back home, to visit his family. He'd stayed there a few months and being back home had done him good. He just hoped this meeting went just as well.

A wave of his hand and he released Sarge from the hold command, the dog quickly moving to Vic's side with an over-zealous wag of his tail. It was a shock, really. Something he still couldn't quite place. Sarge never liked anyone until Jaeger came along. The dog had been deemed too dangerous, to unstable to train and when they'd tried him with Jaeger, they formed an instant bond and it was like magic. He was one of the best dogs to come from the Texas training facility. Even through their years of service, Sarge still hated everyone but Jaeger, but Vic? It was different. He'd bonded with the woman as well and it made Jaeger wonder just what made the canine tick. "I hope you're hungry. If not, I got a lotta food to eat." He chuckled lightly.
PM
^
Vic
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
27 years
Single
"If you're a monster, I'm your worst nightmare. If you're not, hell, I'm probably still your worst nightmare. I work for a private contractor company called Hell On Wheels International (HOWI) which is one of the leading private hunter businesses. I get the job done, and I get paid for it. It's legal... mostly, but we don't tell the government when it's not. Now, buy me a drink."
PLAYED BY Jez
Hunters

Posted on: Aug 31 2017, 01:18 PM
OUTFIT
She snorted. "Pride and joy," she mocked in good nature, "more like death trap ready to happen." Her own smirk lit up her face as she meandered into her own kitchen, eyes taking in him, Sarge, and the food set out on the table complete by beer. She eyed him skeptically. "I have all kinds of kinks you only wish you knew about," she teased, ever the one to slap down sexual innuendos whenever and wherever possible. She noticed the heavier touch of the South in his voice and wondered about what it meant. Either way, she liked it. She approached the table, still eyeing the food. Her expression and body language said it all. What's the catch?

Momentarily distracted by Sarge being released from his master's hold and bouncing under the table to greet her, Vic snorted, setting the gun on the table still within easy reach of her and out of reach for him... unless he really dived for it. She scratched at the dog's ears and under his snout. "Heya, flea trap," she said gruffly. "Did you already infest all of my carpet and furniture?" While Jaeger could have been a potential trap, she knew Sarge couldn't be, and her defenses lowered.

Patting him fondly on the head, she stood again, pulling out the chair opposite him, she plopped herself into it. Waving a hand at the food on the table, she asked, "What's the bad news? You have to be buttering me up for something. And what the hell brought you back to the states? I thought you were having the time of your life over in crumpet land."

PM
^
McJagger
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
30 years
Widow
PLAYED BY Syn
Hunters

Posted on: Nov 6 2017, 06:31 PM
time doesn't erase the
demons you don't see
Jaeger couldn't help the chuckle as she insulted his truck once again. He'd grown used to it by now, as part of just who Vic was. "I'm sure you've got quite the list, Vic." He shook his head, sitting forward in the chair and leaning his elbows on the table as he watched her. She was nervous, well not nervous. Cautious, her eyes darting around as if expecting him to be part of some elaborate trap. He understood her paranoia, and wished she didn't have such a mental affliction placed on her. He knew how it felt to always be watching over your shoulder. Even after the Reveal, life didn't really change. He still worried about someone stabbing him in the back, getting the jump on him, so to speak. It kept him up at night. He just wished Vic would not feel that way around him. He'd worked hard to gain her trust again, and it felt as if he was starting over again with her. Or so he thought.

Silently he watched them interact. His two closest friends. It warmed that dark bit in his soul and made him hope. There were few things in this world that kept him grounded. He'd lost his son and wife before, and he'd be damned if he'd lose the two in front of him. They were his family now, and no matter what, he'd defend them both. "Trying to steal my dog again, I see." He joked, Sarge had always taken a liking to her, and sometimes he truly wondered if the Malinois would happily abandon him for her one day. The thought was sort of offensive and he seriously hoped it would never come to fruition. His eyes shot up to hers as she sat down and he grinned, "Are you telling me that I can't come visit a dear friend I haven't seen in a while without accusations?" He mocked hurt, placing his hand over his chest, shaking his head.

"There was nothing left for me in 'crumpet land'. I was needed here, HOWI came calling I guess you could say." He felt himself tense, Victoria didn't know about his new association with the group she was part of. It wasn't a well known fact, it wasn't like he got introduced to every member on his first day. But he'd made sure to keep it hush hush, he wanted to tell her himself, he just wasn't sure what her reaction was going to be. Hell, he'd been with them for months, and knowing Vic, she'd probably over-react. Though, he wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

PM
^
Vic
HOWI Hunter
Heterosexual
27 years
Single
PLAYED BY Jez
Hunters

Posted on: Nov 11 2017, 02:09 PM
OUTFIT
Victoria Queens smiled enigmatically at her house guest when he commented regarding his certainty that she had a list. Let him wonder about what else she might have on such a list. Her attention was diverted to loving on Sarge for a few moments. Her love for the dog hadn't happened quickly. The same could be said of the dog himself for love toward her as well. But eventually woman and dog had discovered something in the other that had brought them together in a strange way. Vic couldn't tell you what it was. Couldn't give it a name. But it was there, and that's all either of them needed anyway so why bother quantifying it.

"Easiest thing I'll do all day," she bantered, shooting Jaeger a cocky smirk before rubbing Sarge's ears one last time before sitting at the table and getting right to the point. She snorted at his mock offense. "Oh, please." She refrained from adding the bitter part of herself that wanted to make a dig at him by saying 'You never did it before.' But she kept it to herself. Remarkably, even she knew that some things did not need to be said. Instead, she leveled her eyes on him, arms folded, waiting for the real answer.

A long silence passed between them while she processed his words. HOWI came calling. Nobody had told her he had officially decided to join the hunter organization. Ricky had her number on speed dial basically and he hadn't once called her to inform her that Jaeger had finally decided to take the job opportunity. A part of her was glad. She had tried to convince him to join HOWI, after all, but the majority of her felt slighted that nobody had told her.

"How long?" she asked, voice sounding nonchalant, a sure sign that a storm was brewing. This was Vic's number one downfall. She had serious abandonment issues that she battled all the time, balancing precariously on the edge of trying to make new connections and driving everyone away from her that could possibly hurt her. She didn't want to drive Jaeger away from her, but sometimes her issues took over the reigns of her brain and it was a miracle she had anyone left standing at her side.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled you decided to join." Her tone sounded anything but thrilled. "I guess I'm curious as to why now... instead of when I asked you the three times over yonder. But whatever. It's fine. You're here. You brought me alcohol. Made me food. All is forgiven." Nothing was forgiven.

"Toss me a beer," she commanded. Getting drunk was the answer to everything. Obviously.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
RPG-D emPOWERED WFTA open open open open
open open open open open open open open

SKINNED BY LUNA